[linux-audio-user] soundfonts and samplers

Iván Almada ivanalmada at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Aug 11 16:12:53 EDT 2004

thanx! this entire patching system is wicked! im using
qjackctl...

you could never expect to route midi and audio events
this way with standard win apps even with rewire...

this is awesome...

other thing is that i bought the sb audigy just for
using it with the asio drivers,  but with jack you
dont need that right?  would a standart cheapo
soundcard work this way? with the same latency? (using
the planet ccrma stuff ) im asking this because one
friend of mine wants to buy a soundcard just to do the
same thing,  play with softsynths realtime (low
latency) from the midi keyboard... maybe a sb live
would do the job?

thanx for the fast - straight-forward answer

--- Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com>