[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Aug 11 19:14:14 EDT 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:38:24PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>>Paul Winkler wrote:
>>
>>>yay, it has grouping! (like the tabbed windows in fluxbox.)
>>>

>>Along these lines I just ran across multu-aterm. Open one instance and
>>then add more aterms in the background. I like it since I often have 5
>>or 10 terminals open and this way I only have a single instance on the
>>taskbar to deal with. Check it out if you don't use it already.
>

> Yeah, that's neat but I prefer to handle it at the window-manager
> level rather than having some apps with "multi" support and some not.
> So I can do the same thing with any terminal :-)
> (and yes, it only puts one item on the taskbar.)

Sure. I use flux but don't use tabs as they take up too much room. This
is nice (for me) jsut because I don't have to associate the different
terminals in a group.

To each his own. I was thinking that those who do not use flux might
find this useful. If not I apologize for wasting the bandwidth.

Cheers,
Mark