[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Aug 11 20:03:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 04:14:14PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >Yeah, that's neat but I prefer to handle it at the window-manager
> >level rather than having some apps with "multi" support and some not.
> >So I can do the same thing with any terminal :-)
> >(and yes, it only puts one item on the taskbar.)
> >

> Sure. I use flux but don't use tabs as they take up too much room.

fluxbox hasn't used actual tabs in a while... it takes up no extra room
now.

>This
> is nice (for me) jsut because I don't have to associate the different
> terminals in a group.

sure, but that's one line in ~/.fluxbox/groups .

and every now and then it's really nice to be able to group
windows from arbitrary applications. e.g. group a GUI app with a
terminal on which it's spewing stderr.

> To each his own. I was thinking that those who do not use flux might
> find this useful. If not I apologize for wasting the bandwidth.

no apology needed! aterm is cool and not everybody will like fluxbox.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com