[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Aug 12 12:05:26 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 08:30, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know if a package for this kernel has been done for Mandrake
> > 10.0? I'm not at the pseudo Jedi Warrior level for compiling kernels
> > just yet! :) Although, I HAVE become a master at compiling Wine and fst
> > / jack_fst! :P
>
> Actually, compiling your own kernel is probably easier than that.  :-)

Good god man! I've lost most of my hair and my wife left and the dog
died while I got jack_fst to finally work!! :)

And now, darn it...you got me thinking I should try! Are there any
advantages to compiling and leaving out the bunches of crap I don't ever
use that are built in the kernel? Like resources, memory, speed savings
of any sort?

R~