[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Aug 12 21:35:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 21:25, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> I appreciate both points guys...
>
> I think the main one to take from this is a classic;
> "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!" :)
>
> I find myself digging into a perfectly tight operating system with all
> the array of perfectly functional audio apps I use....and hours and
> hours later sit there pissed off and frustrated because I didn't achieve
> any noteworthy results from it all...and I only like to do so much
> _learning_ at a time! :)

One other tip I found useful is, if you do have to compile your own
kernel from a kernel.org kernel, use the .config from your vendor's
kernel source package.  That way you get a kernel that is close as
possible to the vendor kernel, and you minimize the chance of breaking
anything that currently works.

Lee