[linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:12:39 EDT 2004

Last Thursday 12 August 2004 23:59, Jan Depner was like:
> documentation should be written by newbies because the
> authors are usually too close to the apps and are too familiar with them
> (it should be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer...).  So,
> how about some of the users start in with documenting how they use the
> apps, what problems they had, or anything else that might help?

There was a BBC Kid's TV presenter called Jonny Ball, who used to go out every
week and learn about some subject that he knew nothing about and then come
back and present a live TV show all about it. He was so enthused by what he'd
just learned, but just as new to the jargon as his audience that it made for
a highly entertaining and educational kids TV show. I grokked several science
and maths concepts  from his show that mainstream education had previously
failed to convey.

Is there any kind of centralised listing of what's doc'd and what's not?

Let me guess. ;-)

tim hall