[linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Fri Aug 13 21:55:17 EDT 2004

John Check wrote:
> On Friday 13 August 2004 06:33 pm, Erik Steffl wrote:
>
>>John Check wrote:

>>>Yup. There's a definite progression. I'm not unfamiliar with development
>>>cycles, as far as does it _have_ to be that way, it's a debatable point.
>>
>>   not really, you will always have nothing, then something incomplete
>>sort of usable and only after that there's something usable (if you're
>>lucky:-)
>
> The operative word is _always_. How long is such a thing tolerable?

   oh, what I meant was: in each case, not always. In a sense that each
project starts from nothing, goes through sort of something usable and
hopefully gets to a stage when it is usable by (acceptable to) end-user.

   and it seems like linux audio is getting there, i.e. it is not
stagnating (that was my main point). And I agree that it is at the point
where ease of use and documentation starts to be really important (which
I think is your main point).

	erik