[linux-audio-user] Trouble compiling JACK 0.98.1

Jos Laake jos at radiks.net
Sun Aug 15 03:28:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm rebuilding my Linux Audio box after a card change and system
crash.  I know I've seen this problem before but can't remember
what I did to fix it (and that system and all its logs are long gone.)

I'm using a Delta 1010 (not the LT)
I'm using the CCRMA kernel: kernel-2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma
The latest ALSA release: 1.0.5a

Now I'm compiling JACK 0.98.1 and I get this in the middle of
my './configure' trace:

checking for sndfile >= 1.0... Package sndfile was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `sndfile.pc'
No package 'sndfile' found
configure: WARNING: *** the jackrec example client will not be built

wha...?

Am I gonna be needing this 'jackrec example client'?

Anybody have a clue-by-4 to throw in my direction? ;-)

Peace,
~Jos~