[linux-audio-user] New install issues (Was: Trouble compiling JACK 0.98.1)

robin fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 16 02:50:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 04:51, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 20:22, Jos Laake wrote:
> > My '.asoundrc' file looks like this:
> > -----
> >   pcm.ice1712 {
> >     type hw
> >     card 0
> >   }
> >
> >   ctl.ice1712 {
> >     type hw
> >     card 0
> >   }

> Go to the alsa pages and locate the page for the ice1712 chip. Down the
> bottom there is an .asoundrc file posted for a "hoontech" card. Create a
> new .asoundrc from that post. When you run Qjackctl, set the capture and
> playback channels to "0".  See what happens.

Out of curiosity, I followed the ALSA card matrix for Hoontech to a page
which has an _identical_ .asoundrc to that posted by Jos.

Is this not the correct one?  Do you have a URL, or if small enough
could it be posted?

If you'd like, I'll accept the .asoundrc and any instructions/notes you
have and add them to the ALSA wiki for the Delta1010.

cheers