[linux-audio-user] New install issues (Was: Trouble compiling JACK 0.98.1)

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Aug 16 03:45:09 EDT 2004

The ice1712 chip is used in a huge amount of audio hardware. The chip always
works in a certain way, regardless of which of it's abilities are used by
the card it is soldered to.

I use the same configuration in asoundrc for my delta 44, and I see 10/12
channels in jackd. Of course, there isn't any point in using channels beyond
the 4+4 channels available in the break out box.

Also, that asoundrc entry isn't really needed. You can use hw:0 (replace 0
with the card number of your 1010). If you have more specific needs, then
you need an asoundrc. I have in my asoundrc entries "channel1" and
"channel2" which represent two stereo channels I can use with non hw
interfacing alsa programs.

With jackd, you really shouldn't have to care. Just use hw:X

 Sampo