[linux-audio-user] External sound card for laptop.

Arnault Teissier roswel at assonetworx.com
Wed Aug 18 14:44:36 EDT 2004

Le mercredi 18 août 2004 à 20:09 +0200, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> sigir hat gesagt: // sigir wrote:
>
> > Arnault Teissier a écrit :
> > > Someone could maybe report a good experience with this kind of hardware,
> > > and advice my a specific external sound card.
> >
> > Terratec Phase 26 USB
> > I never use it but I hear some good things about it for Linux.
>
> I used it shortly on my two machines, very nice device, works great. I
> considered to buy it but then I decided, that I won't buy an expensive
> USB card again, because, well, it's USB, it will be dated soon, better
> take a cheaper card, that I would have no problem ditching if I buy
> something better later. I settled on a card about a third of the price
> (the other Terratec USB card).

Firstable, thanx to everybody for your advice :)

I think i will now buy a Terratec Phase 26 USB, or a TASCAM us-122. This
two usb sound card seem to work fine with linux. I just have some
troubles to find it in singapore. I've to order it, and it's very very
long. I contact resellers in singapore and they spoke about 6-10 weeks
ship!!! So a least, i know what i wann buy ;)
To Frank Barknecht, i will buy one of this card, because it's really
cheaper than a RME? and i need a sound card quite quickly! I've no more
hardware to play mu music, and i need to play soon ;) But thanx for all
your advice :)

Thanx again

Regards

--