[linux-audio-user] OT: studio monitors - M-Audio Studiophile BX5

Levi D. Burton ldb at puresimplicity.net
Sun Aug 22 08:44:25 EDT 2004

On Saturday 2004 August 21 07:39 pm, Jan Depner wrote:
> I have a pair of the older SP-5B studiophiles and I like them a lot.
> You have to remember though that it's a 5" woofer so the low end cuts
> off at somewhere between 56Hz and 80Hz.  As long as you take that into
> account they're fine.  They're pretty much flat from 80Hz to 20KHz.
>
> Jan

I asked because I am considering getting monitors for under $500, and I think
I've narrowed down my selection to the Studiophile BX5 or the Alesis M1
Active Mk2.

Anyone have an opinion on the Alesis M1 Active Mk2?  They are about $100 more
than the studiophiles.  Judging by what Jan Depner says, it seems like the
studiophiles would be a better bargain, but, the specs on the Alesis monitors
says the frequency range is 38Hz - 23.5kHz -- much wider than the
studiophiles.

Thanks.

--
Levi Burton