[linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Thomas Pickett thomasr_pickett at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 13:42:56 EDT 2004

Hello,
         I'm setting a computer up for music and have a couple questions.

I am currently installing gentoo onto my computer and I am having difficulty
because I don't have much time to install.  Should I just stick with gentoo
and get the install done eventually or can you suggest a better linux dist.
that is better?

I am looking at buying a firewire device instead of a pci card for my
soundcard.  How well does linux support firewire devices?  I'm looking at
buying the MOTU 828mkII if that helps at all.

Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

Thomas

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.