[linux-audio-user] Regarding NoteEdit, Finale, and rumor

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Fri Aug 27 10:24:50 EDT 2004

Hi Matt:

  Thanks for the further clarification. I suppose that the simple fact
is that the Linuxadio community simply doesn't "number up" enough for
Coda to consider us any sort of market. Same old story. Yawn, heavy
sigh... But the truth is that I'm not really interested in Finale, I'm
interested in libre software, and my concern is for the continued
development of NE. It would be nice if someone would step up and take
the reins, and as I said earlier, that is my hope now for NE.

  Would I buy Finale for Linux ? Probably, at least to see what the
hubbub is all about. Ditto for Cubase or really any other music app that
would run under my favorite OS, but I would want to make an equal or
larger contribution to the developers of functionally equivalent libre
software.

  My two drachmas, of course...

Best,

dp