[linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Aug 28 19:28:37 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 16:00, Rick wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:15, Rick wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>    Anyone know when CCRMA will be switching to FC2 and the 2.6 kernel?
> >
> >The question in not completely clear to me. You surely mean Planet CCRMA
> >and not CCRMA itself, right?
>
>     Sorry, yes I meant Planet CCRMA. I was wondering when I could go to
> the CCRMA website and download the modified iso's of FC2 (with apt as
> the default package manager) and the modified kernel. Wish I could say
> that I was doing some important audio work, but I mainly use Planet
> CCRMA's version of Fedora and the modified kernel for gaming, as
> benchmarks show better results than with other distro's and kernels on
> similar equipment.

I don't know when things will be ready, until then I prefer not to
create iso's. For now I still recommend FC1 for low latency audio (but
we are getting really close :-).

-- Fernando