[linux-audio-user] Delta 66/new mobo question

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Aug 30 09:31:42 EDT 2004

Greetings:

  eBay lists a number of these cards for sale, some with pretty good
prices. However, I do have a couple questions before laying out the dinero:

    Is the Omni breakout box just as usable under Linux as the regular
4x4 box ?
    Is the S/PDIF fully supported under ALSA ?
    Is the MIDI I/O fully supported by ALSA ?

  I  realize that the ALSA  site answers these questions, but I want
input from users.

  I'm also in the market for a new mobo, but I can't break the bank on
it. I'm currently using an 800 MHz Duron CPU: what would be a suggested
upgrade for a Delta 66-based studio, especially WRT the CPU ?

  Any and all suggestions will be vastly appreciated !

Best,

dp