[linux-audio-user] Delta 66/new mobo question

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Mon Aug 30 17:44:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:31:42PM EST, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>  eBay lists a number of these cards for sale, some with pretty good
> prices. However, I do have a couple questions before laying out the dinero:
>
>    Is the Omni breakout box just as usable under Linux as the regular
> 4x4 box ?

It certainly is, although I don't use a lot of the advanced features of the box.
I only wanted a couple of mic inputs without having a huge external box to give
me space problems with :)

>    Is the S/PDIF fully supported under ALSA ?

Yes, as I have managed to use the S/PDIF to sync another envy24-based card to
the Delta 66.

>  I'm also in the market for a new mobo, but I can't break the bank on
> it. I'm currently using an 800 MHz Duron CPU: what would be a suggested
> upgrade for a Delta 66-based studio, especially WRT the CPU ?

I am also using an ASUS board, but for an Intel processor, running a P4 2.4Ghz.
I understand that this is out of your range, but I second the call for ASUS
motherboards.
--
Luke Yelavich
http://www.audioslack.com