[linux-audio-user] wikipedia entries for Linux audio ?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Aug 31 11:19:27 EDT 2004

Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings:
>
>  While doing some research on VST/VSTi technology I checked the
> Wikipedia page for "VST". It's a good informative page, and there's even
> an entry regarding the fst/libfst project. However, there was no mention
> of Kjetil's vstserver and its clients. There is now.
>
>  It occurred to me that while we're laboring over where & whether to use
> wikis, there's already a place for us to get some more information out
> to the public: the Wikipedia. I don't know how many other Linux audio
> projects are detailed. Ardour, ALSA, Pd, and others are already there,
> but I don't know how up-to-date that material is. So, would-be
> documenter writers, avail thyselves of this opportunity and start
> hitting the wikipedia ! Add new entries, correct the old ones, bring 'em
> up to date, but just do it ! ;-)

we did something at the microsound list wiki, but its just another list
of nice software and information and geared to newbies:
http://microsound.nexthop.net/bin/view.cgi/Main/LinuxSoftware

we also linked to your excellent list, Dave :)

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next events:
Notstandskomitee Live
16.9.2004 Kulturbunker Muelheim e.v., Cologne, Germany
17.9.2004 Cuba, Muenster, Germany
pure-data workshop
18.10-22.10 vivid, Birmingham, UK