[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Linux Audio DVD in Keyboards

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Wed Dec 1 12:33:36 EST 2004

Hi,

> Unfortunately the publisher did a serious mistake during
> final mastering: They changed the Volume label _after_ they
> sent me the test-DVD. ==> Kernel Panic because it can not
> mount rootfs. It is however easy to fix it by just burning
> a CD from the DVD:
>
> mkisofs -o img.iso -udf -R -V 'KB-DVD 01-05' -no-emul-boot
> -boot-load-size 32 -b isolinux.bin -boot-info-table -c
> isolinux.boot /media/dvd/[a-z]*
>
> assuming the DVD is mounted at /media/dvd
>
> It's a bit sad since we put some effort into figuring out
> how to combine Linux-, video- and data-content on the DVD
> and we tested it carefully (apart from the very final
> master, due to incredible short deadlines).

Just a bit? You're a poor guy - putting all your heart into
this, I guess, and now?

Anyway, I guess we'd better need a HOWTO how to reburn the DVD
to CD for Windows or Mac, because this disc is intended
mainly to show windows (and even Mac) users what one can do
with a linux box.

Hope the Keyboards guys put the HOWTO (if it's possible at
all) on their mainpage ;-) .

 Best regards

    ce