[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux/Protools

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Dec 1 13:14:44 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 09:50 -0800, R Parker wrote:
> I own two Yamaha 4416 HDR units that run Linux but
> haven't noticed any contributions to Linux that are
> credited to Yamaha.

They are probably using an off the shelf realtime Linux kernel from
MontaVista, who have released their kernel patches.  But, if they did
modify the kernel I would like to see their code.

Have you asked Yamaha about it?  I don't think the GPL requires them to
distribute the source with the unit, you have to ask them...

Lee