[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux/Protools

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 1 18:50:33 EST 2004

Hallo,
Lee Revell hat gesagt: // Lee Revell wrote:

> Have you asked Yamaha about it?  I don't think the GPL requires them
> to distribute the source with the unit, you have to ask them...

It does not require the source code, but if you don't supply sources
with the unit, you have to

  Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years,
  to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of
  physically performing source distribution, a complete
  machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
  distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
  customarily used for software interchangee

(Quote from GPL)

Ciao