[linux-audio-user] Low Input Level

David Cluytens David.Cluytens at spacechecker.com
Thu Dec 2 06:01:12 EST 2004

Hi, I've got the following problem with a M-AUDIO Delta 1010 card.
This card uses an ICE1712(envy24) chipset.

When i insert a 5khz sinus of about 0,4V Um on Capture channel 1 under
windows. I see that in the mixer pannel all green lights are lid.

But when i do the same test onder linux based upon the alsa drivers, libs,
utils version 0.98 to 1,07.
I only see 1/3 to 1/2 of the signal under the envy24controll mixer.

I've done this test with 3 different sound cards 2 rev C and 1 rev D card.

I've tested the input level on a 6 card, which is working fine under linux
with alsa driver 0.98 and there the input level matches the input level under
our windows system.

Tests i Allready did

Playing with the sliders of the envy24control mixer.
Trying a new soundcard.
dumping and restoring the asound.state file of a working card with alsactl
Switching the hard drive of working system with a not working system, this
actualy made the problem worse, since i now have two system where the card
ain't working under linux but works fine under windows.

So, My question now.

How do increase the input level gain of the M-AUDIO DELTA 1010?

David Cluytens.