[linux-audio-user] Finale in Linux

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Dec 2 12:48:13 EST 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 19:07,
linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu wrote:
> hi, I'm new here. i don't know if it is ot, but i risk...
> Does anybody know how to make finale 2000/2003 work with wine?
> I tried, it works, shows all the buttons ok, but the notes are still
> symbols.

I believe the problem is that Finale (as well as some other that would
otherwize run in wine: tabledit, etc.) use their own true-type fonts for the
notation symbols.

So the question is how to get these fonts into Linux's TT font handling and
into wine's. I have a dual boot with Windows so their is a directory with all
those nice truetype fonts and I would love to be able to use them in
OpenOffice as well as the music stuff. So .. how.

I will post this on debian-user as well.