[linux-audio-user] Mastering deck mix

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Sat Dec 4 10:34:04 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 01:26 +0000, tim hall wrote:
> Last Thursday 02 December 2004 19:40, Ben Edwards (lists) was like:
> > Secondly was wondering if there was any way of using audacity/jamin
> > together.  Idealy I want to use ardour/jamin but audacity is a lot
> > simpler and is a good fallback.
>
> For what you want it may work out easier to use Ardour with JAMin. I guess you
> need to run Jackd, I've never tried it otherwise.

This is exactly what I am planning to do - nice to have my choice
verified ;).

> > Thirdly - and this is the most important question - any advide as to how
> > to master a deck mix for recording/streaming.  I am planing to use jamin
> > to do this but general advice/other options also good.
>
> JAMin really is _the_ mastering app.

This I know - its just that I am new to audio recording and wanted help
in how to set up jack to do deck mix.  So far i've worked out the
limiter is going to be very useful but general guidelines on other
setting would be good.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
If you have a problem sending me email use this link