[linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering deck mix

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Sat Dec 4 11:57:00 EST 2004

"Ben Edwards (lists)" <lists at videonetwork.org> writes:

>> IMO there is a place for a simple recording utility that works with
>> jack.  Ardour isn't intuitive the way audacity is.  This evening I
>> managed to record 30 minutes of nothing with it.  Today's job was
>> to try and get vst instruments working under linux.  Learning
>> Ardour was going to happen some time next week.
>
> Problem with ardour is there is no manual (except for a skeleton)
> however the support community are VERY helpfull - I have been using
> the IRC channel

I've recently solved this for myself by replying, when they asked me
who would be a nice guest for a workshop named FLOSS bootcamp at Dutch
Electronic Arts Festival, "Paul Davis". I thought - who needs manual
when you can see Paul using ardour himself. There was even hands on
bit but oh well, my not very digital friends arrived and I had to show
them around.

I just checked, they havent videotaped the event ;( Next time I'm
gonna be more prepared.

BTW, thanks Paul, I've learned a lot. I've forgot some bits and it
took me some time to refind them again [not to mention bits that I
have no recollection about].

but. where is this IRC channel i keep hearing about? ;-)

cheers,
artm