[linux-audio-user] terratec phase 26 usb

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Dec 4 12:08:02 EST 2004

Hallo,
Ryan Gallagher hat gesagt: // Ryan Gallagher wrote:

> I see the Terratec has:
>
> *   Stereo input with preamp for turntables (record players)
> *   Microphone input with Peak LED and Gain knob
> *   MIDI interface for 16 channels
>
> All three really good things (phono pre is great for dj, input
> processing, sampling records... neat)
>
> I hope it work.

It works. I had it playing on both my laptop and my main machine.  Ay
my laptop's power supply is a bit weak, the machine crashed as soon as
I disconencted the power supply from the Terratec, but on my main
stationary box USB powered action was possible, too. I had some
problems when switching between the Terratec's "modes" (like channel
configuration, bit-depth etc.) on the fly. It seems to be better not
to do this while the box is active. Other than that it worked really
well, and the midi problem should be solved by now, too, as Clemens
added a quirk to ALSA for the midi port using the data I collected.
Unfortunatly I had to send back the device before this quirk was
implemented. I was testing lots of USB devices for a magazine at that
time about half a year ago. The Terratec was my personal favorite in
general.

Ciao