[linux-audio-user] Low Input Level

David L. Craig dlc at radix.net
Sun Dec 5 12:34:53 EST 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 05:48:14PM -0800, fooman wrote:

> The Delta cards have two controls for each channel that
> affect the input level seen on the meters.  The one that
> is most often seen is a simple volume control, which is
> analagous to the fader on a mixing console.  The other
> one is more like the 'trim'.  It is a control that adjusts
> the actual gain, or amplification power of the input.
>
> Using envy24control, these sliders can be seen under the
> 'Analog Volume' tab.  The ones called 'ADC 0'... 'ADC n'
> are the volume controls, and the ones called 'IPGA 0'...
> 'IPGA n' are the *gain* controls.

My copy of enby24control, 0.5.0, for my Delta 1010 only
has five tabs: Monitor Mixer, Patchbay / Router, Hardware
Settings, Profiles, and About.  There is a Volume Change
Rate control in the Hardware Settings tab that has a
range of 0 to 255.  The faders of the Monitor Mixer's
inputs and outputs do not seem to affect anything, and
all PCM Out LEDs respond to a single program source.  As
you might expect, I'm baffled by this behavior.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg