[linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Dec 8 09:20:11 EST 2004

Greetings:

  Time is getting tighter for me these days, so I'm not always able to
update the Linux soundapps sites as often as I'd like. As most of you
know, I'm also not particularly pleased with the construction of the
pages (plain old manually edited HTML), but I figure the present
arrangement is serviceable enough to last a little while longer.

  Recently I've been considering how to update the sites more
frequently, and I've come up with this idea:

    I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to assign the upkeep of
certain sections of the pages to members of the community. Basically,
you would ask to maintain a section, I'd say yea or nay (with about a
99.99% probability of a Yea), then whenever you wanted to update the
section you'd send it to me and I'd put it on-line. It's getting to the
point where I'm no longer able to decently cover every aspect of Linux
audio software development by myself, and I need to find a way to more
efficiently update the pages. So if you're interested in maintaining a
section (or more) of the Linux soundapps pages, please write to me
off-list and I'll go into more detail. Btw, you'll get credit in the
section header.

  Does this sound at all feasible ?

Best,

dp