[linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 12:08:24 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:48:28AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I don't need convincing. I'm not against a wiki at all. I was, in
> fact, quite impressed at the idea. However, what does it mean to be
> managed? If that means Dave has to look at everything that his new
> helpers do then it likely isn't going to save him much time.

Edits by anonymous users needs to be acked by someone, registered users
edits go up immediatly IIUC. I think this is roughly how wikipedia works.

> I hadn't used a wiki until my first attempt last evening. The one I
> used didn't enforce any specific page formats or content. One thing I
> really appreciate about Dave's site is it's consistency, even if it is
> a bit old school to look at. If there's a wiki way to keep things
> consistent, improve the way it looks, and give helpers access to do
> the dirty work for him, then I'm very much in favor of using a wiki to
> do this.

Yes, you can do this, wiki have text codes to do things like bullets, and
you can have macros or something similar (e. for including photos in
wikipedia).

- Steve