[linux-audio-user] Multiple sound cards

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Wed Dec 8 17:15:10 EST 2004

Hi,

> It is possible via an .asoundrc but you wont get it to work
> with jack without xruns. xruns are when one soundcard needs
> its new data (for playback) before the other card. It
> happens because your soundcards won't run with _exactly_
> the same frequency altough all clame to to 44.1kHz/48kHz.

short question: Is this also the case, if I have three cards
but only one is used by jack?

I also get xruns with my USB card. It's the third card,
because I have an AC 97 and an USB2MIDI device.

When I try to run jack, it works, but I get some (but not too
much) xruns. Should I disable the AC 97 card?

 Thanks & best regards

    ce