[linux-audio-user] Multiple sound cards

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Dec 8 18:08:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 14:51 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> No. This is not a problem. I have 2 or 3 cards or chips in most of my
> machines. Jack just sync's to one and the others do not matter.

Recently support for multiple servers was added to JACK CVS.  So, you
could theoretically run as many jackds as you have soundcards, and
record two channels with each.  Of course the resulting recordings will
not be in perfect sync but you could always stretch it a bit afterwards.

This is a bleeding edge feature so don't expect it to work perfectly.
Actually it won't work at all now because no existing JACK client
supports it.  But there should be some soon.

Lee