[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux audio market question

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:17:12 EST 2004

HI,
   I want to take the time to thanks the 5 people who responded to me
so far, either through the list or privately.

   So far everyone thought it was an interesting/good idea, and so far
not a single person said what they would pay for a service like this.
If indeed this means that the market is 5 people who won't pay then
that would be disappointing!

   I look forward to hearing more ideas on this subject. I do indeed
have access to bandwidth and could get this set up rather quickly in a
manual mode, but I need hundreds of subscribers to even begin to have
this make sense as a business.

   If  it's a bad idea, for whatever reason (data security, not enough
broadband users, something else) please speak up. I have no personal
investment in this. Just an interest in promoting musical
collaboration and safer/happier computing.

With best regards,
Mark