[linux-audio-user] a letter from ron parker

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 14:17:15 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 06:53:53PM -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>                      Furthermore, we have an incredible close knit
> community of people that barely know each other for the most part (I'm
> actually an axe weilding, homocidal maniac in real life BTW :) ) that
> get along unlike any other forum, support board or the like in the
> "other" worlds.

While I'm sure many members of the community are indeed professional axe
wielding maniacs, all the people I've met from this community face-to-face
have been unfailingly nice people to be around. I think it takes a certain
even temper and steady humours to live with linux audio's peccadilla :)

PS I dont think Paul reads this list.

PPS I always gathered (from Paul and the docs) that Ron was an important
    member of the ardour community long before I encoutered him
    in-the-text.

It's been a loooong day,
   Steve