[linux-audio-user] How to resample from 44.1 to 48 kHz?

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Fri Dec 10 19:14:28 EST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:37:15 +0800
Timo Sivula <timo.sivula at luukku.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an onboard VT8235 soundcard that only supports 48 kHz sampling
> rate. I would like to play 44.1 kHz stufff on it and have it look like a
> 44.1 kHz device to jack. Is there a way to do this using .asoundrc?

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding
that the resampler in ALSA does not work very well and cannot be made
to work well.

The best solution would probably be to run jack at 48kHz and do the
resampling from 44k1 to 48k in the client that connects to jack.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Python is the most efficient language I've ever used. It's 10 times
better than any of the other tools I have used. It's free, it's
object-oriented, it adapts to everything, it runs on everything. There
is almost an indescribable 'quality without a name' attraction on my
part."   --Bruce Eckel, Author of Thinking in Java