[linux-audio-user] TAKE ACTION - Thread on RME - additional notes

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:27:32 EST 2004

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:38:46 +0100, Marek Peteraj <marpet at naex.sk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wanted to say that there are 10 posts already, none of those guys
> were actively participating in recent threads except Martin IIRC. I
> counted at least another 10-15 people who mentioned that they're using
> RME on LAD/LAU. For those who don't feel like expressing their opinion
> at all, i'd like to say that it's absolutely ok to just mention your
> gear:"Hi, i use RME (...).".
>
> BTW all of those posts are very polite (too polite for my taste ;)
>
> Marek

Marek,
   I just made it back after 5 days to see what had come up in this
thread. It made for an interesting read. However, it seems pretty
clear to me that for now anyway RME is not apparently going to try to
solve this issue. They seem to have taken a pretty hard decision and
my read is that they cannot justify the risks, as they see it, to
create the driver or provide the technical info. That's too bad.

   I found the idea that Daniel was going to install Linux and look
for himself very positive. It is this sort of inside champion of Linux
audio that we need at RME. One guy on the inside working to make it
happen would make all the difference.

   Maybe Daniel or someone else there at RME will take up the
challenge one of these days but I don't see it happening soon.

   Sorry you found my post 'too polite'. ;-)

With best regards,
Mark