[linux-audio-user] RME is no more

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Tue Dec 14 13:36:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 19:12, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:31:01 -0500, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

> > > A society where you put money higher than cooperating with other
> > > people is not a good society, in my opinion.
> > >

> > Christ, what the fuck country do you live in?  Don't you understand the
> > concept of people having bills to pay?  Or do you just assume the RME
> > guys are independenly wealthy and just design sound cards for fun?
> >
> > Sheesh.

> Damn, was I really able to stir up such a hornet's nest with just 4 words? ;-)

Of course. It's a touchy subject. I've read plenty of versions of this
debate, on several different forums. It never ceases to amaze me how
intelligent, literate and otherwise well-meaning people manage to so
completely mis-read and misunderstand the statements of other
intelligent, literate and otherwise well-meaning people. And if
intelligent, literate and otherwise well-meaning people can't get it
right, how the hell do we expect our Democratically Elected Leaders, let
alone our Captains Of Industry, to get it right?

bye
John