[linux-audio-user] LAU and political discussion: sayonara !

luis jure ljure at multitel.com.uy
Tue Dec 14 15:55:12 EST 2004

el Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:52:09 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphilp at bright.net> escribió:

>   This whole thread is bullshit and pointless on this list. If I want my
> intelligence insulted I'll talk my neighbors, they think Dubya's the
> shiznitz. I'm quitting this list as of now.

dave, please, as a friend i ask you that if you're still there reconsider
your decision. and the same to everybody else who might be considering
quitting the list because of the recent thread. i haven't participated in
the discussion, even after reading opinions and statements that i resent
(and others that i find naive and others that i find plain stupid), because
i know that nothing good can possibly come out from such arguments, even on
a list where you could have assumed that there were certain agreements about
the philosophical and social implications of free software. well, you see it
is not so. i don't think the solution is quitting the list, you'll miss us
anyway, and we'll miss you for sure... :-) you'll have to face situations
like this everywhere (just think about your neighbours), so please stay and
let threads like this just die of themselves.

best,

lj