[linux-audio-user] FM7 ?

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Thu Dec 16 17:52:56 EST 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 08:00 am, Dave Phillips wrote:
> John Check wrote:
> >On Sunday 12 December 2004 06:13 pm, Dave Phillips wrote:
> >>Greetings, Earthlings:
> >>
> >>  As a long-time fan of FM synthesis I've been wondering whether I
> >
> >There's something you don't hear every day
>
> You mean the FM fanboy part ? I guess it's a little unusual, but that
> was the first synthesis method I learned. I bought a TX81Z when it first
> came out and I really tore into it. For me, FM synthesis has never been
> as difficult as some people make it out to be.

It's an order of magnitude higher in complexity compared to subtractive
synthesis though.

> >Are you interested in a Casio VZ-8M? I was planning on cannibalizing it
> > for the case, but it's a pretty groovy piece if you like FM.
>
> Ooh, that's a nice piece ! Alas, Xmas has wiped me out, I'm already
> totally broke, and there's still rent to pay.  :(
>
> Man, you should keep that board, it's a sweetheart. :)

I have nothing against it, and the way it handles monophonic over stereo out
used as a layer really makes a bass line bubble but I have no rack space  for
it. OTOH a single rack PC I'd make space. If I gut it, I'll save you the
insides.