[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Fri Dec 17 18:45:54 EST 2004

> No only that, but a given program can make more informed
> decisions about how to present the options, eg. it
> generally makes sense to run JAMin over stereo streams, so
> it has a connection UI that groups pairs of connections,
> making it quicker and easier to make them.

Yes, I think so too.

Furthermore, I'd think about a softsynth which offers the
available MIDI-ins via a popup menu (or similar). Does not
waste too much space on the screen and is easier to use and
understand than the external tools.

The same maybe for programs which record audio. These could
also offer a popup for available in- and outputs each.
Currently, it's a sort of poker because I have two USB cards.
Each session the cards will be registrated in a different
order. So, a popup would make it easy to directly switch the
card from within the the program (OK, I still didn't respect
jack ;-).

 Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, but maybe the base
functionality could be put in common ALSA/Jack headers so the
programmer of an application 'only' needs to create a popup
and fill it with content.

 Best regards

    ce