[linux-audio-user] Re: rtc based MTC generator

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at freenet.de
Sun Dec 19 15:57:58 EST 2004

Am 2004-12-18 15:48:50, schrieb anahata:

> I think many European contries *have* standardized on a circular
> connector with two pins and a peripheral ground connection. It's only
> the UK that insists on being different. The UK is also moving from 240V
> to a European standard of 230V, while the rest of Europe moves from
> (usually) 220V also to 230. Maybe the plan is for the UK to adopt the

Not directly right...

It was all the time 220V -+5%
Since every year it is more power required...
To get a lower load (Amperes) they have changed the AC to

1992    220V    -5%     +10%
1998    230V    -5%     +5%
2004    230V    -5%     +10%
and the in
2008    240V    -4%     +5%

Which mean, if I have a Computer which need 1000W prior to 1992 it had
4,54 Ampere.

And after 2008 it will be 4,17 Ampere.

;-)

> Euro standard connector too, but as there are big issues with house
> wiring and compatibility it could be a long and painful process.

:-/

Greetings from an Elekltro-Enginer
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi