[linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread [WAS: Tuning Program or wav files?]

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 21 11:41:06 EST 2004

tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> writes:

> Yes, I came across a Viola da Gamba designed to play Persian scales. Moveable
> gut frets. Possibly a little simpler than you had in mind.

Gambas have moveable gut frets by default.  I almost thought of using
a similar technique for the guitar.  The problem is that the fretboard
is too flat for this to make sense.  On an electric guitar it's almost
feasible but the frets should be made with some other material than
gut.  My guess is that the gut will get easily damaged or cut under
steel strings.

./MiS