[linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread --- OT how to tune a guitar

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 22 13:33:19 EST 2004

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 22 Dezember 2004 15:38 schrieb Maarten de Boer:
>
>>Another guitar-tuning trick: if you don't have a reference
>>tone at hand (and if you don't have absolute hearing), but

   just wondering - if you don't have a reference tone why bother to
tune to a reference tone? Isn't it good enough to tune to whatever it
feels like?

   tuning technique that wasn't listed yet (probably for a good reason):
I used to tune the guitar to whatever the string tension felt
'appropriate' (the strings were in tune with each other, I tuned one of
the strings based on the tension and used that as a reference to tune
the rest of the strings).

   :-)

	erik