[linux-audio-user] Midi app & Video app with SMPTE and/or MTC

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Wed Dec 22 18:15:59 EST 2004

Side note to list at large: Consider this mans problem and what he needs to do
to get his problem solved ASAP.

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 05:02 pm, Brad Fuller wrote:
> I need to sync video playback and midi composition. I guess I should
> first ask if anyone knows of midi/audio apps that have video playback
> builtin -- that would be preferable.
>
> I don't know of any -- and that's why I am asking this 2nd question: if
> anyone knows of midi composition apps that can sync using SMPTE/MTC to a
> video playback app -- which would also have to have SMPTE sync
> capabilities.
>
> This seems to be a hole in the audio caps of Linux apps. Or, am I way
> off base?
>
> brad

muse.seh.de

MuSE will slave to time code, but can't drive. The 6 series has some serious
deficiencies with timing stability. I don't know how tightly it will sync,
but your best bet is probably version 7 (which needs some tweaks to build out
of the box). You'll have to check on the status of what's in CVS on their
lists, which are hosted @ sourceforge. Or if they're lurking, now would be a
good time to de-cloak.