[linux-audio-user] Linux audio apps and Business workflow (from Midi app & Video app with SMPTE and/or MTC)

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Dec 23 10:50:49 EST 2004

>If I saved you two weeks aggravation in a business context, would you think
>it was a valuable service? As in would that be an acceptable "cost of doing
>business" type of expense, like say insurance, but it was offset by reduced
>TCO as compared to proprietary systems.

Saving 3 man hours is important to us.  But, it would depend on what I
saved and how much it cost me. For instance, if the 3 man hours were
spent acquiring knowledge that I could potentially use later, I often
spend the time to acquire this knowledge (of course, depending on the
value of the knowledge.) If it's related to something that you are
refering to (a feature that doesn't work -- a feature that doesn't work
and looks like it'll never work, historical record of a system) then I
try to stop asap and attempt to recoup the investment.

brad