[linux-audio-user] [OT-ish] mplayerplug-in and mp3s

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 28 06:55:30 EST 2004

Hi,

Maybe someone on this list can help me.  I've installed mplayerplug-in,
which is very cool, but it has decided that it wants to play mp3s and
wavs as well as movie files.  There doesn't seem to be any way to open
an mp3 file in xmms any more, other than by saving it to disk first.  I
was wondering if anyone has been here before and has worked out how to
configure mplayerplug-in so that it doesn't interfere with audio files.
The plugin occasionally crashes Mozilla when playing mp3s so I really
want it not to try.

thanks in advance for any help

Nathaniel