[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Thu Dec 30 10:09:36 EST 2004

Atte André Jensen <atte at ballbreaker.dk> writes:

>> I just built 2.6.10 with the realtime-lsm built in
>
> Sorry for being stupid, but by build in do you mean build in like
> "always on" or "can be selected from make xconfig"? Because I don't
> see anything like that under "security options"...

By "built in" I mean configured as "Y" rather than the usual "M".  I
mentioned that because Nando was having some problems doing that on
CCRMA with FC3 due to conflicts with the built in capability LSM.
Currently, LSM stacking does not work smoothly.

You have to patch first before the security options will appear.

To apply the patch...

  $ cd /usr/src                         # (or wherever you like)
  $ tar xjf linux-2.6.10.tar.bz2        # (from kernel.org)
  $ cd linux-2.6.10
  $ patch -p1 < /path/to/patch/file

Configure and build the kernel...

  $ make xconfig
  $ make bzImage
  $ make modules

Then (as root) install and update LILO or GRUB.

The parameters are explained in `Documentation/realtime-lsm.txt'.
With the LSM built in, you'll probably want to set parameters via
sysfs (as root), using either...

  # echo 1  > /sys/module/realtime/parameters/any

or...

  # echo 29 > /sys/module/realtime/parameters/gid

Pick any group ID you like (29 is the Debian `audio' group).
--
  joq