[linux-audio-user] how 'bout more music

Robert Persson ireneshusband at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 14:01:35 EST 2004

> >What's a "goto drummer"?
>
> I think he might mean a Japanese taiko drummer, they play those huge
> cylinder drums.

Bang on! (those puns, those bloody puns)

Goto is a famous drum troop based, if I am not mistaken, on Sado, an island
off the west coast of Japan.  Sado is known for its austere climate which is
almost as harsh as the weather in Montreal.  This is why it has over the
centuries attracted both ascetics and enemies of the state (exiles to Sado
rarely came back alive).  As far as I remember Goto was originally connected
with a Zen monastery, but today it no longer has a religious function.

Many years ago when I was learning C programming I was told in no uncertain
terms never to use goto.  This was drummed into me.

Robert
--
bim. bimbim bakabak boom.