[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10

Dubphil dubphil at free.fr
Fri Dec 31 06:52:39 EST 2004

> Please don't use these options.  Especially "allcaps".  "allcaps" likely
> will not exist once realtime LSM is merged into the kernel.
>
> Add yourself to the audio group (29 on my system), and then do:
>
> modprobe realtime gid=29

Funny, any longer I hadn't put allcaps=1 only alsaplayer whas abble to
connect to jackd, when I put this parameters all clients where abble to
connect...

by this thread, I've been convinced that there is a lot of confusion about
how to use the kernel 2.6 for low latency audio, sounds that a clear howto
would be welcome for not kernel experts like me !

Regards

Philippe