[linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Feb 1 19:06:06 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 05:14:25PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> The RDF Primer is OK: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/

OK. I've read the first 1/4 of it and skimmed the rest for now.
lots to digest.

A couple of questions:

- If you embed a domain name in all your URIs, does your stored
rdf data need to be mass-updated if/when the site changes domain
names? Or does appropriate use of Qnames make this a non-issue?

- The primer is long on "how" and short on "why",
even in the example applications section.
Are you advocating RDF primarily to allow third parties
to do unspecified cool stuff with the data?  Or for the
internal implementation of the website? Or both?
AFAICT the advantages lie with the former.  Could you give an
example of such a third-party app?  I'm not really coming up with
compelling use cases.

thanks,

PW

--