[linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 09:55:02 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:36:02 -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > and wether you are willing to change.
>
> I do web development with Zope. My site code never depends on
> the data store :-)

I'm not sure if thats a joke or not ;) Zope is based on an OODB IIRC.
thier not very good at schema independence in my experience.

> > As an example, look at my entry on works KB:
> > http://triplestore.aktors.org/browse/?resource=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecs.soton.ac.uk%2Finfo%2F%23person-00384
> > I hardly wrote any of that, most of it came from other sources, eg.
> > someones online photo album and random databases published as RDF, click
> > "show sources" (top right) to see where it all came from.
>
> That is pretty interesting.
> I hadn't considered that *I* might be the 3rd party :-)

:) Its the network effect, just like the "syntaxic" web, if you're the
only guy with a website theres not much pont, but when all your friends
and collegues have one its suddenly interesting.

- Steve